Wednesday, July 11, 2012

bridges


And so I have been really enjoying my internship. I mean although it can be quiet and boring sometimes but the exposure I gain is so much more than anything I have ever learned in university. The reason why I really love it is because this is what I am good at. This is something I know I would enjoy doing no matter how daunting the task is. Because it is in me. It is everyone’s talent in their own ways.  My boss has been so kind to me, and I have met some nice colleagues and I am really enjoying myself. It is so difficult to even think about going back to uni, going back to the crap that I had to endure for the past 9 months. I am honestly not sure what kept me in one piece, with the amount of psychotic work, crazy lecturers and self-murdering exams. I don’t even have to go back there to think about how crazy and stressful life is going to get when I return there.

You know how sometimes we always have to go according to the systems of the world and you really hate it. The one thing I hate more than selfish and ignorant people would probably be maths. Yes, maths. Some people are just so naturally good in it. They don’t have to even think about the questions because it comes so naturally. Truth to be told I am jealous of all these people. If only I could have one tenth of their brain power I would be the happiest. Unfortunately I am not. We always try to be people we are not.. but at the end of the day who are we fooling. Sometimes fooling ourselves is so much more damaging than fooling the world.

Not quite sure how much courage I would have to harness to return back to the reality of life, and how much bravery to go against the convention of the universe. Sometimes choosing between the bridges to cross and the ones to burn can be so illusive that we end up burning ourselves before we even choose to cross any of it.

Hey nat, at least you are not drowned.

No comments: